Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wild Tree's Alfredo Extraordinaire

Wild Tree was introduced to me by my fellow foodie cousin Debra.  It is similar to other at home party food items but it is not loaded with preservatives, MSG, food dyes and things you cannot pronounce.  They sell items that are packaged but without all of the things you hate about packaged food.  You can visit the website at http://www.wildtree.com/.

I bought a lot of samples on EBay for very little money.  EBay is a great way to try these items.  The first item I tried in the lot was the Alfredo Extraordinaire.


  


 I bought a few of these so I used 2.  Each of the samples required 5 TBS of butter and 1/2 cup of milk or a combo of milk and half and half.  It is simple.

Melt the butter and heat the milk in the butter



 Add the Alfredo Extraordinaire packet and stir until combined. 




Cook 8 oz (half pound) of linguine.



Add the cooked linguine into the pan with the Alfredo Extraordinaire.  It is OK if a little pasta water gets in, it makes the sauce a bit thinner.                   





I added a bit of chicken I cooked in the oven.  I took thick chicken breasts, cut them in half horizontally, placed them on a cookie sheet with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350.  Cut it up and place on top.  I think you could thrown in some fresh spinach or mushrooms too.                     

 
                                                                                                                                                 

Overall, this was a simple dinner.  The Alfredo sauce was very tasty.  It was full of flavor and had a thick texture.  The pasta water helped to make it exactly right.  The hubby thought it was a bit grainy but that is likely from not incorporating the mix into the butter and milk mixture.  Everyone else thought it was good.  I would make it again for two reasons - it was good and it was easy.  I am always looking for a quick week night meal and this is it.  In 20 minutes you can have a complete meal that is good for you.  I would recommend this product from Wild Tree.  I look forward to trying the other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment