Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First Post

I have been working in the garden since the winter, when I put my first tomato seed in the peat pots and prayed for a small sprout.  And now, finally those plants are giving up their fruit.  They do not know how soon the cold will come.  I am praying that the warm weather will continue so my tomatoes can ripen and I can start canning them and making some great sauces!  Today's harvest consists of tomatoes fresh picked this morning.  On the left is a tomato I grew from organic seed called Arkanasas Traveler.  It is a pink or blush color. On the right is a green varierty (yes, it is supposed to be that color when ripe) also grown from organic seed called Green Zebra.  The little ones in the front are cherry tomatoes from plants purchased a local big box store for a steal (6 plants for $1.87). 

No comments:

Post a Comment