Monday, March 7, 2011

Fried Chicken Cutlets

I try to give recipe that are local, fresh and organic.  But sometimes I just wanted something fried.  I make fried chicken cutlets that can be used in sandwiches, chicken parmesan or just eaten plain.  I like to make a batch of these and put them in the freezer for those nights when I come home late and need a quick dinner.  If you are someone who buys those frozen cutlets from Costco or other warehouse clubs, make these instead.  You can control the ingredients and know that even though fried, the meal is something you can be proud of.  I use organic chicken, organic or natural bread crumbs, organic eggs and organic milk.  I use a deep fryer so that I know the oil is to the right temperature and will not soak into the breading.  You can use a frying pan, just make sure the heat is high enough before adding the chicken.

This makes 10-12 cutlets.

Ingredients:

10 thinly sliced chicken breats
3 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
Oil for frying

Here's how:

Preheat the deep fryer or oil in a pan to 375 degrees.
These are the crumbs I use.
 Place the crumbs in a bowl.
 Add eggs and milk to a bowl and scramble.

Add the chicken to the egg mixture, 2 or 3 at a time, and coat entirely.
Chicken coated in egg mixture
 Place the egg coated chicken into the crumbs and coat entirely.
Chicken coated and ready to fry.
 Place the chicken into the fryer for 2 and a half minutes, or if using a pan, 2 minutes per side.
Chicken in the fryer
 Remove the chicken from the oil and place on a plate with paper towels, to drain.
Eat now, refrigerate or freeze for later.

8 comments:

  1. Yum! But I'd add some additional thyme/rosemary to the breadcrumbs. I LOVE thyme on my fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmm yummy in my tummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmh yummy in my tummy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add some Cayenne pepper to the crumbs...Bam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Click Here for Deep Fryer clearance
    The Beida deep fryer from Bizarkdeal is great for frying home size portions, and little snacks! The window is great to view what your frying without having to open the lid! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a deep fryer so that I know the oil is to the right temperature and will not soak into the breading. You can use a frying pan, just make sure ... edeepfryer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make fried chicken cutlets that can be used in sandwiches, chicken parmesan or just ... fryeroil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article your very interesting.
    Thank you for giving me more information.
    dig this

    ReplyDelete