Saturday, September 4, 2010

Much better harvest today

2 Roma, 2 Green Zebra, 4 Arkansas Traveler, 8 Cherry Tomatoes and 1 sad looking cucumber
Today is the day after the Hurricane that never was.  There was a bit of wind but nothing strong enough to knock tomatoes off the plants.  Due the size of the plants they are too big for the cages so a few did tilt over but I just picked them up and they were ok.  I have some gourds growing and they look like they can be brought in soon.  I finally have green peppers growing.  Too little too late, so I am hoping the warm weather will stay long enough for them to grow.  My beans are dwindling but there are still a few to pick out there.  My herbs are doing well and it is time to pick the basil and save it for the winter.  More to come on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment