Saturday, September 25, 2010

Green Zebra Harvest

The cherry tomotoes have been the best crop of the season.  But the past three days have been all about the Green Zebra.  It was "the" tomato to grow this year.  Somehow even gardening has "must haves."  I picked 11 Green Zebras, 1 Cubanelle Pepper and 108 Cherry tomatoes.  This past week was in the 80s and the upcoming weekend is forecasted to be warm as well.  This will really help to ripen the tomatoes still on the vines outside.  I am so excited that my plants are still bearing fruit considering how late we are into September. 

Here is some info I found on Green Zebras:
Maturity      78 days
VineIndeterminate
Plant height9 feet
Fruit Weight6 oz
Leafregular
ColorBicolor: Green with yellow stripes
ShapeGlobe


My Green Zebra Harvest:


9/23/10 Harvest


9/24/10 Harvest
 
9/25/10 harvest
Now the question remains:  What do I make with them??

No comments:

Post a Comment