Thursday, August 9, 2012

Container Store has come to Long Island

Today I was lucky enough to be invited to the Container Store's Blogger Preview for their new Long Island store. This is an event where bloggers are invited into the store to see it, learn about the company and get an inside look at what is to come.  I was not paid to attend the event but I did walk away with a bag full of goodies.  Best of all 10% of the first weekend's sales will go to the Women's Fund of Long Island. 

The store is located at 902 Old Country Road, Garden City, NY. The Grand Opening Weekend kicks off at 9:30 on Saturday. There will be gift card giveaways, raffles for a new closet organization system and other products each day this weekend. The store is exactly what the name says it is - a Container Store. It has all the things you need to organize your home, office, garage, suitcase and life. I had been to the store on Lexington Avenue in NYC and am excited that there is now one on Long Island where I can go. 

As much as I like local and organic cooking, I also enjoy other things.  One of those things is keeping my home, kitchen and closets organized.  You cannot have all of the kitchen items I have and not be organized.  Maybe you remember my post about organizing my pantry a few months back?  The same jars I used to organize my pantry were there and more. A wall full of them.

I have to get back to the store to get some more products to help organize the cookie sheets and other items that just seem to be a pain to organize.  I also need to get back to buy the kitchen drawer organizer.

Since this blog is about local, organic cooking and baking and green living, I had to find some items that fit for me and way I try to live. Well I found them.  The items they sell for organizing recycling items made me smile.  These products make it easy to organize your recyclables - which can take up room in your space.  These bins help to keep it neat.


Also an Eco-friendly item is the Eco Lunchbox.  No more waste when you put together lunches.



Homemade on Long Island is also about cooking and baking.  Container Store sells items to make your homemade items easy to decorate, give away as gifts, and personalized.




I have been wanting to get a closet organization system since I bought my home 7 years ago and never have.  I think I need to after seeing the systems they have at the store.  If you bring in your dimensions and tell the associates your needs, they will customize the closet for you.  They install as well.  Here are some pictures of the closets they have on display.




There are also hangers in every color to go into that closet.

If plastic hangers are not your thing, they also sell Huggable Hangers by Joy Mangano.  These are my personal favorite and I use the black ones with chrome.  They are thin, durable and the clothes really don't fall off.

They also carry clear containers in every size. The most common one is used for shoe storage, so you can see each pair of shoes easily while keeping them protected.  Every woman's dream.


In addition to the closets, the office supplies are in many styles and materials...including recycled.




 There are also bathroom, kitchen and kids items. Labelling items and gift wrap are also available.   And of course, containers of all shapes and sizes.








Now that I told you all the things that you want, how about the things they sell the hubby will like? How about garage organization?


Overall, my experience at Container Store was great.  The company is paired up with a local non-profit, sells Eco-friendly items, makes recycling easier and sells items that help you to make your own items Homemade on Long Island.  See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment