Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cherry Tomatoes Still Rocking

This morning when I headed out into the garden I realized I should have put on a long sleeve shirt.  The days are getting shorter and the mercury is dropping.  While my plants are still full of fruit, they are taking too long to ripen.  Today was a small harvest but I am still holding out for the remaining fruit to surprise me. 

That is the beauty of gardening, you never never know what you are going to get out of each seed, each plant, each season.  I am perpetually hopeful each spring that this year will be the ONE.  The year when there is no blight, no pests and nothing but perfection.  But nature is not perfect and each year has its ups and downs.  In the end, maybe it is perfect, perfectly the way it is meant to be.  And I am continually reminded me that I cannot control it, nature knows how it goes.  So this year was the year of the Cherry Tomatoes.  I did make that one perfect Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella salad.  Perhaps that is what it is all about - that one perfect tomato, the one perfect dish that makes it all worth it...and that makes me do it all again each year.


31 Cherry and 1 Roma

No comments:

Post a Comment