Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Can I afford organic or natural food? YES!!!

Let's face it - good food can be expensive, but it does not have to be.  And the last time I checked, processed, packaged food isn't cheap.  How much would you spend on one of those frozen dinners?  So many people tell me that they cannot afford to buy organic or organic food.  I say, yes you can - if you are a smart shopper. 

How do you do it?  Look for sales each week and stock up!  I get a pack of flyers in my mail each Wednesday or Thursday.  I go through the flyers to check for sales.  You will be surprised that your regular grocery store carries organic and/or natural foods.  There is no need to go to a specialty store.  Waldbaums and Pathmark have Green Way brand.  Stop and Shop carries Nature's Promise.  While not all of the brands in this line are organic, they are usually natural.  I find them to be good and reasonable, especially when there is a sale.  Whole Foods is another great source.  I know people call it "Whole Paycheck" but I think that is unfair.  Like the other stores, it has a store brand called 365.  The sale prices are good there too, just like your regular grocery store.  Check out the flyers and stock up on sale items when you see them.  It takes a few minutes each week and may make a difference in your overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment