Saturday, January 15, 2011

Roasted Turkey Breast

I don't usually make turkey other than for Thanksgiving.  I have no idea why, but I just don't.  This week my local Whole Foods had a sale on Turkey Breast so, I broke my rule and went for it.  The roast was already wrapped in a twine mesh so all I had to do was season it and bake it.  The butcher recommended one half pound per person but that was not enough in my house.  I recommend three quarters of a pound per person.

Ingredients:

3 large celery stalks, cut into large pieces
2 carrots, cut into large pieces
one small onion, cut into large pieces
2 lb Turkey Breast
1 TBS onion powder
1 TBS garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 TBS olive oil
2 cups of chicken broth

Here's how:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place all of the vegetables in the center of the roasting pan.


Rough cut veggies in the pan
Place the breast in a roasting pan on top of the vegetables.

Sprinkle all of the seasonings on the breast.  Coat with the olive oil.

Seasoned and oiled
Pour in the broth and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the turkey is fully cooked and no longer pink.


Remove the mesh, slice and serve

You can use the chicken broth left in the bottom of the pan to make a pan gravy if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment