Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Tree 2010

Call me neurotic, but I never have the same decorations on my Christmas tree each year.  Each year I like to change the theme.  So far I have done: Maroon and Gold; Red and White; Woodland; and Silver and White.  Next year is bright pastels.  The way I can afford to do this by going to the stores after Christmas and buying up ornaments for the next year at discounted prices.  Also, some of the ornaments can be used to multiple themes.  I keep the ornaments in plastic totes that are labelled based upon the color ornament that is contained within.  It only takes a bit of time to do this and you only do it once.  Once you have done this task, you only need to pull out the color bins you need.

My favorite was this year's theme of Red, White and Blue.  My brother is serving in the US Army in Afghanistan this year and in his honor, and to honor all the troops and their families, I thought that this was the most appropriate theme.  I used red, white and blue glass ornaments with three American flags on top.  On of my tricks, which I learned from my mom, is to take three glass ornaments and put them on one hook.  It fills up the tree with big binched of color and makes the tree look more organized.  Too much color scattered around can be distracting to the eye.   I also used a blue garland with stars on it to encircle the tree.  This was to recognize that my family now flies the Blue Star Flag to let everyone know we have a family member serving.  I also used red and white fake flowers to fill in spaces.  There is also an ornament in red glitter that says, "Peace."  I hope you all enjoy the tree.  Here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment