Sunday, January 16, 2011

Roasted Squash

I love winter squashes.  My favorite is butternut but I have been expanding due to my CSA, which gives me new kinds to try each month.  I still had a squash left over from last month's CSA and got one of the same again this month.  Now I had enough to make it for my family for dinner.  I use a basic technique for roasting squash but it can be used for any root veggie you like. 

Ingredients:

Winter Squash
salt
pepper
olive oil

Here's how:

Preheat the oven  to 375 degrees.

Remove the skin and scoop out the seeds from the squash.


This is the squash I used

Peeled

Seeded

Dice the squash into equal sized pieces.


Cut one way, now cut across

Place the squash on a baking sheet.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Sprinkle olive oil on top.  Mix it all together until it is all coated with oil.  Use as much as you like, but it should not be slathered, this is meant to coat it enough for it to brown.


Ready for the oven

Bake for one hour until it is soft and starting to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment