Monday, January 3, 2011

Animal Vegetable Miracle Corn Pudding

One of my favorite books, Animal Vegetable Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver has some simple recipes that can be made with farm stand finds and things you grow in your own garden.  This recipe is one of them.  Earlier in the year I blanched some corn on the cob and saved the corn for future use.  Now was the time to put the corn to use. 

Ingredients:
3 cups corn kernels
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup grated Gouda or Jack cheese
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried marjoram
salt and pepper to taste
Here's how:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.

All of the ingredients less the eggs into a bowl
Pour the mixture into a prepared, greased, casserole dish.

Bake for 45 minutes until light and fluffy and top is golden.
Overall, the pudding was good but a bit "eggy" for my liking.  I think if I were to make it again, I would reduce the recipe by one egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment