Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wild Tree Tuscan Bread Dipper Blend

Yesterday I went to a great Italian market which made fresh bread.  I had to buy it, the smell of fresh bread is hard to resist.  When I got home with the delicious bread, I knew exactly what to make with it - a bread dipper.  Wild Tree's philosophy fits into my preferences for food - and I can pronounce the ingredients in their mixes. 

Wild Tree also recommends using Grapeseed Oil.  They recommend it because it is not hydrogenated; no cholesterol; no trans fatty acids; low levels of saturated fats; and it is ideal for frying at high temperatures because it may be heated over 400 degrees.

I made the Tuscan Bread Dipper Blend to dip my fresh bread in.  It was wonderful.  The herb flavors really came through and the Grapeseed Oil did not overwhelm the herbs.  The oil was not heavy and the bread's flavor and texture came through.  I highly recommend this dip - it is better than ones I have had in some restaurants - and you can pronounce the ingredients on the back...and recognize them.

I used a host sample so my recipe is a bit different from the full version you would buy at a party.  But the overall ratios are the same.  If you want a great bread dip to impress friends, try this one.

Directions:

Place 1 1/2 teaspoons of the blend into a shallow container.  Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of warm water, let it stand until the water is absorbed.  You want a shallow container since you will be dipping into it.

Stir in 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Grapeseed Oil (or garlic Grapeseed Oil if you have it). 

Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to heat it and to get the best flavor.

Dip in your favorite bread.  Enjoy.

The sample packet
Put blend into a container
Water absorbed and blend is ready for oil.

Grapeseed Oil I used.  I found it in the aisle with all the cooking oils.
Add the oil, heat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment