Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 9, 2010 Harvest

I am so lucky to have the garden still giving me tomatoes.  I am amazed but I am grateful.  The tomatoes are still reddening but very slowly.  The Romas are slowly ripening.  I was looking forward to the Roma tomatoes for canning but they did not ripen as quickly as the cherry tomatoes.  There are still Romas in the vines and I am hoping they are ready soon.

I have not been picking everyday anymore.  The cooler days and the cool nights are not conducive to tomatoes or peppers ripening.  Also, now that it is getting dark so much earlier, by 6:30 pm, that by the time I get home from work I have missed the daylight to pick - mornings are better at this time of year.

I picked this afternoon.

2 Cubanelles, 2 Green Zebras, 52 Cherry Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment