Sunday, November 6, 2011

Results of the 2011 Riverhead Country Fair

I was successful at this year's Riverhead Country Fair.  This year was my first time entering any food competition.  And in my usual obsessive way, I entered a dozen categories.  It was a lot of fun to see that the recipes I have shared here are not only enjoyed by my friends and family, but that others think so too.  Here are the results:

Category                               Item                            Prize
Drop Cookies                 Oatmeal Raisin       Honorable Mention
Fancy Cookies         Chocolate Caramel Kiss    Second Place
Open Category Cookies    Macaroons         Honorable Mention
Scones                       Orange Cranberry Walnut    First Place
Zucchini Bread             Zucchini with Craisins      Third Place
Frosted Cake              Maple Gingerbread        Honorable Mention
BBQ Sauce                     BBQ Sauce                   Second Place
Unique Jam                  Blood Orange Rhubarb     First Place
Open Category Jam        Organic Peach Jam      Third Place

No comments:

Post a Comment