Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Baking 2011 Dilemma

I usually begin baking on Veterans' Day each year.  For me, that is when the holiday season begins.  I started that day and continued into the weekend.  I made four kinds of cookies that long weekend.  The next week was hectic so I was unable to bake.  The Sunday before Thanksgiving I did a marathon baking session, with the help of my sister in law.  We made four more kinds of cookies.  By the end of that weekend the total number of cookies totalled over 1000...it was 1600. 

The weekend after Thanksgiving started with shopping but, I knew I had to keep going.  I was running low on butter and eggs so I made a trip to a big box store to replenish.  After all, by now, I have used 12 pounds of butter, 20 pounds of flour, 5 dozen eggs, 20 pounds of white sugar, 10 pounds of brown sugar and 10 pounds of chocolate.  So this weekend I made 2 more kinds of cookies and I now have 2000 cookies baked, 10 types complete.  Herein lies the problem, I am adding more kinds of cookies to the repertoire and have upped my goal to make 17 types of cookies.  Based upon this, I am just halfway done.  But, I have no freezer space left.  I have filled a small chest freezer and 2 kitchen sized freezers.  I am on a roll and want to keep going but have nowhere to put the cookies. 

Is anyone out there willing to let me use freezer space? 

No comments:

Post a Comment