Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner Table 2011

Last year I had a lot of tips for you.  Those ideas are still great and you should check them out to see some ideas for setting the table, preparing ahead etc.http://homemadeonli.blogspot.com/2010/11/thanksgiving-dinner-tips.html.

This year, I have a few ideas for you to add to last years tips.  I decided to use gold as my color scheme.  Since my chargers and flatware are gold, it only made sense.  I found some cute napkins in gold and had to have them.  Paired with a gold napkin ring, the napkin is elegant and the embroidered turkey adds some whimsy to the table.  The table cloth contains gold colors and the china has a gold rim.  The table really sparkles as the candles light up the shiny gold on the table.


To get this look, simply grab the napkin from the middle and pull it through the ring.  Place it on the plate with the turkey sitting straight on the plate. 

Candles are more than just candlesticks.  This year I am using floating candles in large cylinders filled with water to add something different.  Glass beads or fresh cranberries could be added to the water as well.

I am serving Cranberry Wine along with the usual choices.  I found it in Vermont on a recent trip to the Quechee Gorge Village.  It is made by Putney Mountain Winery using Cape Code Cranberries.  I saved it just for Thanksgiving.  While this wine is not Long Island local, I did find it on a trip and brought it back with me.  On your next trip to Vermont, pick some up for next Thanksgiving dinner.

I also bought a wire bread basket in the shape of a turkey.  I place 2 napkins in the basket, one on the bottom to sit the bread on and another to cover the bread with in order to keep it warm.  Use the same napkins in the basket as on the rest of the table to keep the theme going and a coordinated look.  This basket is made by Better Homes and Gardens.  It is also a whimsical piece for the table. 


For the center of the table I used the candles from above, some faux carved pumpkins.  The one pumpkin is a turkey and the other says "Give Thanks."  With some battery operated tea lights, they bring the look of the harvest to the table with some twinkling light.  The centerpiece is a floral arrangement placed in a wood and wire holder I use every year and have filled with fall colored flowers.  Here is this year's version:

The table is set for 6 this year.  I have a small crowd but that does not mean that I am skimping on style.  Here is what this year's table looks like:



 In the day or in candle light, the table looks warm and welcoming. Use this ideas as well as last years, to make your table look beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment