Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Green Living Tip #6 - Use Re-Usable Shopping Bags

                                                
I know that many of you already know you should bring your own bags with you when you go to the grocery store.  They even give you a few cents off per bag to encourage it.  If you don't do this, you should.  It keeps all of those bags out of landfills, cuts down on litter and saves you money. 

If you do remember to use the bags at the grocery store, do you remember to use them when you go to the pharmacy?  Discount store?  Mall?  I bet you don't. 

I know that you may not want to use the bags that you use for food to bring home your new jeans.  That's OK, just use some bags for food and other bags for clothing and other items.  Also, remember to wash out your grocery bags when you empty them to keep out bacteria.

Now, how to do you remember to bring the bags with you to the store?  I always keep my bags in the trunk of my car so they are always with me.  You can also keep them on the front seat or back seat so you see them.  Another trick is to keep them in the car in the same place that you put your purse (if you are a woman) so when you get out of the car you can grab the purse and the bags at the same time!

I keep one large re-usable bag in the trunk and put all of the other re-usable bags inside of it. This way they are all in one place and don't take up too much room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment