Monday, January 14, 2013

Green Living Tip #1 - Re-Use Plastic Bags

I decided that my New Year's Resolution this year was to live a more Eco-friendly life.  In order to do this, I decided that I would try to come up with Green Living Tips to share here on the blog.  I am just a regular person who wants to live local, support organic farms and be kind to the Earth.  This is my way of telling you of simple ways to incorporate green living into your life.

I admit it, sometimes, I forget my re-usable bags.  So, that means, when I go to the stores, I get those plastic bags to carry home my items.  I have come up with a way to re-use those plastic bags that is good to the environment and the pocketbook.  I use grocery store plastic bags as trash can liners in my bathroom, office and any other place there is a small trsh can.  I place the bags in the bottom of my small trash cans so I always have a bag to use when I take the trash out.  The method is simple - come home from the store, put the bag into the bottom of the trash can, use one bag as the liner for the week.  When the bag gets full, tie it up, toss it out and you have a ready supply of trash can liners.  They are free and this method is Eco-friendly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment