Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas Tree 2012 - Maroon and Gold

I decorate my Christmas Tree in a different theme each year.  2012 brought one inspired by my Alma Mater, Boston College, and its Maroon and Gold school colors.  You can do your own Alma Mater tree just substitute your own colors for those here.
 
It all starts with a tree that is covered in white lights.

The wrap the tree in wired maroon ribbon edged with gold.  Wrap the tree horizontally and space it evenly.


I next begin with small gold ornaments in the shape of instruments to honor the marching band.
 
Then I add gold glittered reindeer, birds and snowflakes to add some sparkle.  You can use anything you like with a glittery look.
                                
                                

                                

Next, I start placing the balls.  I place 3 balls on one hook in order to make them look bigger, take up ore space and make the tree look fuller.  I do not do this for the huge balls.  Use a mix of shiny and matte ornaments.
 


                                     

                                     
Once the ornaments are on, I start to use floral store things to fill it, add texture and make it unique.  I use maroon poinsettias, twirly sticks, gold baby's breath and anything else that fits the theme.

 
                                     








Here is how it looks when it is all decorated.



To finish it off, add and angel or star.  I have an angel wearing a maroon dress.  Place a tree skirt at the bottom and you are done.   Go Eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment