Saturday, January 21, 2012

What I am reading

My Kindle has inspired me to start reading again.  I had stopped for a while and the Kindle has sparked the interest in some of the books I have been meaning to pick up.  Here is a list of some books about the local food movement, farming and the personal stories of people who have been taken the steps to live and eat locally.  From starting their own farms to the Fabulous Beekman Boys to a local food advocate to a woman who goes to Michigan alone and fills her stomach and soul on $40 a week, these stories showed me that there are things I can do to eat locally and healthy.  Maybe you will find some things that you can do too.

"Hit by a Farm: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barn" by Catherine Friend

"The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentlemen Farmers" by Josh Kilmer-Purcell

"The Feast Nearby: How I lost my Job, buried a marriage and found my way by keeping chickens, foraging, preserving, bartering, and eating locally" by Robin Mather

"Folks, this Ain't Normal: A Farmer's Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People and a Better World" by Joel Salatin

No comments:

Post a Comment