Sunday, January 15, 2012

Basic Honey Whole Wheat Bread Machine Bread- 2 lb Loaf

My bread machine has been running steadily since I brought it home.  When I arrive at home from work, the first thing I do is start a loaf.  Then I proceed to make dinner, laundry or any of my other chores.  It takes less than 5 minutes and it is so easy.  I like to make this recipe because it uses whole wheat flour and honey instead of refined sugar.  Follow you bread machine instructions when baking.  I use the Cuisinart Bread Maker and recipe book.  I add an extra step of scraping down the side of the machine at the end of the second knead to make sure everything gets into the loaf.  I also do the optional step of removing the kneading paddle before baking to prevent my loaf from having a hole in the bottom.  I also make the large 2 lb loaf.  This recipe can be made organic by using all organic ingredients.

Makes 1 2lb loaf
Active time: 5 minutes
Inactive time: 4 hours 30 minutes

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups 80-90 degree F water
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2TBS unsalted, room temperature butter, cut into 1/2inch pieces
2 TBS Honey
1 1/4 cups Bread Flour
21/2 cps Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine

Here's how:

Place the kneading paddle in the bread pan.  Place all of the ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed.  Do not let the yeast touch the wet ingredients. 

This is my machine

Wet ingredients in the bottom

Dry ingredients on top, you can see the yeast in the middle
Place the loaf pan into the machine.  Make sure it is in securely in the machine.  Failure to do this will cause the paddle to not be able to incorporate everything and the bread will not rise and it will be bad.

Press Menu and select the Whole Wheat setting.

Press Crust and select medium.

Press Load and select 2 lbs.

Press Start.

Near the end of the second knead, use your spatula to scrape down the sides to ensure everything gets incorporated.

When there is 45 minutes left, the machine will be six consecutive beeps, three times.  This is telling you to take out the paddle.  Remove it to prevent a hole in the bottom.

When the machine beeps to tell you it is done, use oven mitts to remove the loaf pan.

Turn out the loaf onto a cooling rack.
Done.  Let cool.
Let the loaf cool completely before cutting for best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment