Saturday, March 5, 2011

G & G Long Island Winter Farmer's Market

Today I made a trip to the local winter farmer's market.  It rotates between Huntington and Northport.  I have only gone to the one in Huntington so far.

I visited the pickle vendor named Horman's Best Pickles.  I purchased my favorite sour pickles and a new favorite horseradish.  It sounds a bit odd but they are awesome.  The heat from the horseradish is not overwhelming and hits you at the end of eating it.  I highly recommend these pickles.

I also visited Dines Farms for some of the best meat I have ever had.  I tried four kinds of chicken sausage and bought the sweet and breakfast flavors.  The sweet sausage was so good, I was surprised it was not pork.  I also purchased the bacon and hot dogs, I will update you on that once I eat them.

My next stop was the fresh pasta, mozzarella and sauces from Bambino's.  I have yet to make the fresh ravioli or vodka sauce but the cheese was awesome.  The guys are so nice and helpful - well worth a stop at the market.

My final vendor sells the most amazing cheese, the Big Cheese.  I had to try some of his Camembert that is so silky and smooth with a creamy taste that I wanted to have a wine and cheese party right then and there.  He will let you taste the wonderful cheese and I bought the sharp cheddar, which will stay until I have that party.  If you want to catch the cheese from him, remember that he only goes to the Huntington market. 

Below is the website and a list of vendors who come to the markets.  If you want to support local vendors and farmers, please stop by this market on a winter Saturday from 9 am until 1 pm.

http://www.winterfarmersmarketlongisland.com/

  • All You Knead  Artisan Bakery
  • Bambino's Ravioli
  • BeePharm LLC.
  • Cascade Mountain Vineyards
  • Horman’s Best Pickles
  • Lee's Bees - Honey
  • Little Lexi’s Barkery – Home Baked all Natural Dog Treats
  • Lorna’s Naturals  - All Natural products for the Face & Body Pro
  • Naturally Handmade by Susan - Soaps
  • Ronnybrook Dairy – Premium Farm Produced Dairy Products
  • Simply Valley
  • The Big Cheese
  • The Tea Plant, Inc. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Delicious! Substituted baking powder for cream of tartar came out well. Will try lemon juice instead of cream of tartar next time.

    ReplyDelete