Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Seeds Growing March 23, 2011

On February 27th I started my seeds indoors.  I used plastic greenhouses and heat mats to get the seeds going.  It was a really successful endeavor in getting them to sprout.  Within a few days, I had most of the seeds sprouting.  By March 17, whatever pots did not sprout, I re-seeded and began again.  Here are the photos of where I am as of today.  My tomatoes have true leaves, the cucumbers and squash are getting real leaves and the basil is getting bigger.  I put the grow lights up once the seeds emerged from the soil, so the plants are growing upright.  I also have a small fan on the during the day to strengthen the stems.  I am happy so far.

Tomatoes, peppers and squash plants under the lights

Leeks and celery growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment