Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pumpkin and Apple Picking 2012

I went pumpkin and apple picking at Lewins in Calverton this year.  They have pick your own pumpkins on Sound Avenue and pick your own apples on Fresh Pond Avenue.  You go out into the field or orchard and pick what you want.  It is muddy, messy and so much fun.  Be sure to bring a wagon or cart because your picks get heavy quickly.  I picked pumpkins, gourds, squash, a cheese pumpkin and 3 kinds of apples.  I took some photos:






















Since we were already out east we also headed to the Garden of Eve for the Garlic Festival.  In addition to garlic there were pumpkins,  mums and chickens!  Here are some of my pictures






Finally, we stopped at Briermere for pies. They also has veggies, fruit and flowers.  Here are some of my pictures from there.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment