Friday, September 21, 2012

Beef Burgers with Pickled Beets, Goat Cheese and Spinach

I love the combination of tangy goat cheese with pickled beets.  So I decided to make it into a burger by adding some beef and spinach.  Freezing the patties after forming them helps them to stay together while grilling.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef, organic and 80/20 preferably
salt and pepper
4 oz goat cheese, cut into 7 small pieces
4 small pickled beets, diced
fresh spinach
7 slider buns

Here's how:

Form beef into 7 patties.  Top with salt and pepper.  Freeze.

When ready to cook the burgers, cook them from frozen.

Grill the burgers, 4 minutes per side.

Remove the burgers from the grill and place on the buns.

Top with cheese, beets and spinach.

Serve.

2 comments:

  1. I *love* all of these ingredients! Wish I'd seen this post before making buffalo burgers tonight. Next time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This recipe came from me wanting to put all of my favorite things on a burger. I love the combination of goat cheese and beets so this burger was born.

      Delete