Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting Ready for Seed Starting

My seeds have arrived from my online orders.  I am very excited to get them started.  It is time to head to the stores to purchase peat pots, starting soil (organic, of course) and get out those lights and heat mats.  I have ordered lights for use this year, I am hoping that will help my seeds survive in my house with no southern exposure.  Use this weekend to look at the size of your garden and determine how many of each seed you are going to plant from each pack and make sure you have enough pots and soil for each.  Look at the back of each packet and count backwards to see when you should start planting.  I am planting this weekend, which is a bit early but I had such late yields last year that I want to start earlier.  Look at your garden journal from last year to see what you should do differently this year.

Wish me luck and good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment