Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

                                                            


It is time to put together my Thanksgiving menu.  I have my usual recipes that I make every year and now it is time to post them for you and to get my shopping list together based on the menu.  I find that is the easier way to ensure that I have all of the ingredients, to get the menu and recipes together so that it is all ready to make.  Below is the menu.  All of the recipes are going to be posted or have been posted here with links to the recipes.

I try to make everything from natural and organic ingredients.  The Turkey is from eithr Miloski's in Calverton or the Garden of Eve in Aquebogue but you can get Free Range Organic fresh birds at Whole Foods.  The corn I had in the freezer.  I bought it at a farm stand in the summer, blanched it and froze it.  The green beans are from my garden that I blanched and froze.  The turnips, potatoes, sweet potatoes, celery, onions, carrots, milk, butter are organic from Whole Foods.  All of my pantry staples are also organic - like flour, sugar etc. I try to get as much as I can locally and organically grown.  Where I cannot find local, I go simply for the organic. There are big sales at the grocery store the week of Thanksgiving so you can get the organic foods at a great price.

Dinner

Roasted and Brined Turkey or Apple Cider and Honey Brined Turkey
Sweet Potato Casserole
Mashed Potato
Mashed Turnips/ Rutabaga
Corn
Green Beans
Apple Sausage Stuffing
Spoon Bread
Sweet Potato Muffins
Biscuits (store bought - I used Immaculate Baking Co. All Natural Buttermilk Biscuits)
Cranberry Sauce
Gravy

Dessert

Pumpkin Pie (I use the recipe on the back of hte pupkin puree can)
Apple Pie
French Apple Pie
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Vanilla Ice Cream
Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream

Drinks

True Believer Sparkling Cider from Peconic Bay Winery
Apple Cider from Wickhams Farm

If you want some tips on how to prepare for the big dinner, set the table etc, check out here http://homemadeonli.blogspot.com/2010/11/thanksgiving-dinner-tips.html

No comments:

Post a Comment