Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pulling Potatoes 2012

This year I planted potatoes for the first time.  I thought that I did something wrong when the plants died back and the foliage withered away.  An experienced gardener friend told me that did not mean they were dead but that the potatoes were ready!  I was doubtful.  Well, after waiting for 2 weeks after the plants died away, I decided to check to see if she was right...and she was.  Here are the pictures of my fingerling, russett and yukon gold potatoes as well as the Cherokee Purple and San Marzano tomatoes I picked today. 

Today's harvest

2 comments:

  1. Terrific! Do you have a cool place to store them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find one. I have an unfinished basement so maybe that can be my new root cellar!

      Delete