Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Green Beans Galore

I finally got out to the area of my garden when the green beans are growing.  I am using a trellis this year and it really makes a difference.  They no longer flop over the top of my sad supports.  Also, they get a lot more light and have plenty of room to grow.  Picking has also become easier because the plants are growing over 6 feet high. Many of the beans are at eye level.  I also picked 14 San Marzano Tomatoes, 2 Purple Cherokee Tomatoes and 2 Early Girls. 


I also placed all of the beans into a small metal bucket I bought at a store on Shelter Island.  The bucket is galvanized metal and very cute.  This is my new bucket for picking in the garden.

1 comment:

  1. I too am picking green beans like crazy this week. They multiply like little rabbits. I think I'll freeze some this year. love your bucket!

    ReplyDelete