Friday, August 10, 2012

A Garden Gives

I scheduled my summer vacation during the week my vegetable garden started to give fruit.  As our summer vacation is on Shelter Island (an island in the middle of Long Island's Twin Forks), I was able to stop at home to check on the garden for a few minutes.  The green beans were really growing but my zucchini and squash plants have not grown one fruit.  But my tomatoes are doing really well.  This year is the first year I can say that I have a healthy yield.  My cucumbers are starting to come in as well. Here is a picture of my picks from August 9, 2012.


So the question remains:  What do I make with these garden gifts?

The cucumbers will become pickles.

Can the plum tomatoes.

15 Minute Tomato Basil Sauce or Rigatoni with Sausage with the other tomatoes.

2 comments:

  1. We usually vacation in /august and I'm always torn about leaving my garden too. The weeds love it when I leave for a week too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always tough and the weeds seem to know that I was away. But I seem to enjoy the veggies and the vacation too much to quit either.

    ReplyDelete