Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 2010 CSA Winter Share

I went to the Garden of Eve today to pick up my Winter Share CSA.  Basically, it is like an episode of "Chopped" on the Food Network.  I get a box of farm fresh foods and each month is a surprise.  I like it because it causes me too be creative and try to make great recipes with foods I may never have tried before. I have some soup ideas in mind. Stay tuned to see what I create out of this box.  I paid $275 for 6 months of food, which is about $46 per month.  This week I got my money's worth.

This is what was in the box and the cost of the food if purchased from the store.

GARDEN OF EVE VEGETABLE SHARE

Broccoli, 1 Head ($5)
Kale, 1 Bunch ($3)
Spinach ($5)
Swiss Chard ($3)
1 head lettuce ($3)
1 bunch carrots ($3.50)
1 bunch Dill ($1.50)
1 bunch Cilantro ($1.50)
1 bunch Braising Greens ($3)
Mesclun lettuce ($3)
Cabbage, 1 Head ($4)
1 bunch Turnips ($2)
1 head celery ($2.50)
2 Winter squash [acrorn and butternut] ($7)
Eggs, 1 dozen ($5)


TOTAL VALUE: $52

Here is a photo of the contents:



To find out more about the Garden of Eve or its CSA: http://www.gardenofevefarm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment