Friday, June 15, 2012

First Meat and Cheese CSAs

This Saturday I picked up my first Cheese/Dairy Share and Meat Share CSAs from the Garden of Eve.  I have never done this kind of CSA before but I thought it was a great way to continue to buy from a farmer in the summer when my garden is giving me much of what I need.  I do still buy from the farm stands but only things I don't grow.  Here is what I got:
 
Cheese/Dairy share: Greek yogurt, Herbes de Provence cow cheese, and goat chevre.  This is from Goodall Farms.
Goat cheese and Greek Yogurt
Meat share: chopped meat and or flank steak.  The meat is from Mint Creek Farm.


 
The cheese are great, really flavorful and delicious on crackers.  The meat is frozen so I will let you know within the next few weeks how the meat is.
 
While I was at the farm I also got a coupon for 10% off the farm store and nursery as a member of the CSA.  I would shop there anyway but it is a nice perk.  If you are interested in CSAs and missed this season, remember that Garden of Eve does a Winter Share.  I will remind you.  If you do not want to do a CSA but still want to support organic farms, go to the farm stand in Aquebogue.  Support local farms and farmers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment