Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend 2011

Mother's Day weekend seems to be the weekend that marks the beginning of the plant buying season at the stores.  I was one of those people battling for the flats and pots of annuals.  I also purchased 5 new pots that I had been eyeing for a few weeks.  They are made of foam but look like glazed pots.  They weigh hardly anything and are a beautiful red.  They look great up against my black and white house.   I also bought some new baskets with coco liners.  I filled these containers and baskets with annuals.  The look of newly planted containers really reminds me that summer is coming.  The plants are so small and seem like they are lonely in the pot.  But I know that in a few months the pots will be brimming over with these same plants.  It is amazing how quickly it all happens.

Below are some photos I took this weekend of my creations.  They still need a few filler plants to complete the look.  I will also add the plant names for those of you who want to create a similar look.  Check back soon for that info.




No comments:

Post a Comment