Monday, June 24, 2013

Green Living Tip #11- Don't Throw Away That Dehumidifier Water

The warm days of summer on Long Island also bring humidity. I use two dehumidifiers in my basement to keep it free of dampness and protect the items stored down there.  The dehumidifiers need to be emptied twice a day. Instead of dumping the water down the drain, I use the water and put it to good use. I pour the water into my hanging baskets, pots and houseplants. The water can also be used to water plants in the ground as well.  There is no need to turn on the house and waste more the water, just let the dehumidifier create it to water your plants!  You are using electricity to take the water out of the air, put your money to good use.

Are there any other ways you can think of to use the water from your dehumidifier?

1 comment:

  1. Dehumidifier water is great for replenishing a fish tank. No copper or other plumbing nasties.

    ReplyDelete