Monday, May 7, 2012

May 2012 CSA

I picked up my last CSA share for the Winter 2011-12.  If you are interested in a fruit, vegetable, egg, meat, dairy, cheese or flower share for the summer please check out the Garden of Eve in Aquebogue.  I bought a Meat Share and a Dairy and Cheese Share.  Even though I have a garden at home there is something for me at that farm.  Try to buy from your local farmers this summer and help preserve our Long Island farms.

Here are the contents of my last pick up. 

GARDEN OF EVE VEGETABLE SHARE 5/5-5/6
1 bag pea shoots ($3)

1 bu green garlic (baby garlic, look like scallions)($4)
1 bu leeks ($3)
1 bu parsley herb ($2)
1 bu fresh radishes ($2)
1 bu bok choi ($3)
1 head celery ($3)
2.5 lb potatoes ($5)
1 bag greens (either mesclun OR kale OR swiss chard) ($4)
1 bu local (not organic) asparagus ($3.50)
3 dozen Eggs ($15)

TOTAL VALUE GARDEN OF EVE SHARE: $47.50

No comments:

Post a Comment