Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 13, 2012 Garden

I love to spend time in the garden.  I am trying to take pictures of the garden each week to show you how it grows and then fades back.   Here are some pictures from this week.

Clematis

Alliums

Potatoes and Garlic

Potatoes close up


Garlic

Peas growing up their support

Potatoes and peas growing

This angel wind chime is in my Memory Garden

Corner garden.  Astillbes are getting big as is the butterfly bush. 

Daylillies are growing tall

Herb garden.  The pot is mint to keep it from spreading  Sage in the rear, Chives in the middle.  On the left is rhubarb and the right is strawberries

Hostas in the northern border


Northern Shade border

Brunnera.  It is a shade lover but it is struggling here.

Solomon's Seal has filled in nicely.  It has not flowered yet.

Astillbes are getting big.  They look like the wispy blooms are coming soon.

The flowers are fading on the Bleeding Hearts but the foliage is full and lush

Hydrangeas in the bed by my front door

Bed along the front of my house.  It is east facing and shady

This is a newed bed put along my front fence.  It is really looking great.

Nepeta in my front yard border.  Hollies and Hydrangeas are hiding behind. 

Crape Myrtle is getting huge.  It is new to this zone but fills in the space .It is surrounded by Christmas Fern

Looking south in my front bed.  I like the undulating edge

No comments:

Post a Comment