Monday, July 7, 2014

Grilled Potatoes

I know it has been a while since I last posted.  We sold our house and are living in a rental while most of our things are in storage, including my kitchen tools.  But this recipe was an easy one to make and I have all of the ingredients and tools on hand.  I used organic potatoes from the farm stand and my kitchen staples salt, pepper and oil.  Not much easier than that.  I serve these potatoes along side a grilled Ribeye Steak.  What is better than steak and potatoes on the grill?  I use a grill pan on the grill that is made for vegetables so the potatoes do not slip through the grates.  If you do not have one, cut the potatoes thicker to prevent it and cook them a few minutes longer.   These potatoes come out crisp and delicious, almost like a potato chip.  They are so good.

Serves 6 people as a side dish or 4 hungry men at my house

Ingredients:

6 medium size Yukon gold potatoes, about 2 - 2.5 lbs
3 TBS olive oil
1 TBS kosher salt
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper

Here's how:

Preheat the grill with a grill pan on it on high heat.

Slice the potatoes thinly so they are almost translucent but not so that they fold over onto themselves. 


In a large bowl, place all of the ingredients and toss until the potatoes are completely coated with oil, salt and pepper.

Reduce the grill to medium high heat.  Place the potatoes in a single layer on the grill pan.  It should take two batches to do all the potatoes.

Grill on each side about 5-7 minutes until crispy and lightly browned.  Remove the potatoes fom th grill.  Place them back in the large bowl they came out of in the beginning and toss again to get them full of flavor.


Eat. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment