Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Tree 2013 - Woodland Themed Christmas Tree

Each year I do a different theme for my Christmas tree.  This year I chose Woodland.  The tree has a bird house as the topper, cranberry garland, pine ones intersparsed, leaf ornaments, deer antler ornaments and woodland creature ornaments like birds and bears.  I also only use white lights, I think it makes the decorations the star and not the lights.  I buy my ornaments after Christmas when they are up to 90% off so it does not cost me a lot of money to do the different themes.  Here are some pictures and how to ideas.

I star with a ribbon that goes with the theme.  Here the red gives it a pop of color and the green gives it a natural feeling.  The birdhouse as the topper gets the theme going.


Next I add the cranberry garland in between the ribbon.  This adds the natural feeling as well as bringing in more red. 

Next I add some sparkling things that you can get at the craft store like glettered twirls, flowers, sprays, berries, etc.

 

Next I added some butterflies on a thin wire I found at the craft store.


Then I added some ceramic ornaments in the shape of leaves.  I like to use some large items like these to have a repeated Patterson the tree, this prevents it from looking cluttered.  You want some repetition to make it cohesive.  


Lastly, I add the ornaments that are varied: birds, bird houses, acorns, pinecones, dear antlers, bears bridnesrs and other woodsy items.


Then I step back and make sure everything is evenly spaced and there are no blank spaces.  Overall, I am happy with how it came out.



1 comment: