Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fresh Tomato Salsa

My CSA was giving me tomatoes up until last week.  Combine those with the cilantro and garlic they gave me and I was halfway to some great salsa.  This salsa is great with chips or even on top of some grilled chicken.  The recipe is easily doubled or halved based upon how much you want.  After eating this, you will not go back to the stuff in the jar.  If you like it spicy, feel free to add more jalapeño.

Ingredients:

3 large tomatoes, diced
1 pepper, diced, I had a yellow one but you can use what you have
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
1/2 onion, small diced
1 TBS fresh cilantro, chopped
1 TBS salt
Juice of one lime
2 garlic cloves, minced

Here's how:

Combine all of the ingredients.

Place in an airtight container and refrigerate at least 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment