Monday, April 16, 2012

Next Book to Read: "Rurally Screwed"

I have been so caught up in reading about people who leave their lives, follow their dreams and start a farm that I have not read about much else.  So I found a book about woman who finds love in a strange place - Montana...with a cowboy.  I was a bit tired of reading about the same things lately that I wanted something a bit different but about theme of going outside the comfort zone and taking a risk.  In  "Rurally Screwed: My Life Off the Grid with the Cowboy I Love," Jessie Knadler, a New York City magazine writer who is stuck in a life of yoga, drinking and bad romances, goes to Montana to cover a story and finds her polar opposite and soul mate in a cowboy.  Despite herself, she finds that the life she had been living wasn't living at all.  While she starts canning and raising chickens this story is not really about that.  It is about how the person who really are may be hiding deep down inside, beneath the expectations, suppositions and stereotypes - waiting for you to find her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment